Monday, November 23, 2009

Overrated emotion

What is the most overrated emotion in someone's life ? Thinking about it for days and after watching some silly movies I have conquered the answer "LOVE". Love is the most overrated and the most short lived emotion in the life span of a human being. When we grow up, in the tennage years most of us have this big big dreams of our love ife and our lover and this most enduring romance we will have in our lifes, do we ? or atleast how many of us ?
All the novels and movies portray this, infact it only thrives in imagination "and they live happily ever after", thank god they dont mave movies on peoples real lives after marriages....Infact the reason for such movies to be a hit is that people relate to their lives not being like that and enjoying the imaginative fact of love not there in real life in the movie.
Yesterday I had taken my daughter to a movie and she was soo into the romantic scenes, there was a gleam in her eye when she saw the hero woo the heroine...the sad fact is that she is going to grow up thinking love is so beautiful and her prince charming is going to come and mesmerize her..how do I make her understand that she may just head for a heartbreak.
Leaving all that aside, yesterday's movie needed me to just waste my money and eat popcorn and didnt need me to use my brains and think even for a minute. It was funny allrite but so silly that in the climax scene Jesus Christ comes to the resue,(with a lamb). Yet, the director was sucessful I would say, as when I came out of the theatre I felt lighter, definetely not in the stomach but at heart cause I had laughed so much, so whatever the genre of movies taken, serious or funny and silly I guess there is an audience for every movie in this country. Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment