Monday, November 9, 2009

The real me

Another day, filled with rain in the city, I totally pity the guys with the posh cars in the city, specially if they really love them...its a time when u dont know if to be happy or sad cause its raining.
Of recent many friends have been asking me how come I am so sober and emotional, quite contrary to the image I portray, infact the real me I guess no one knows and yet to know. Some call me a feminist, quite true, I am, I guess I have grown into one. Opinions and attitutes about people come from the upbringing of a child, if a child is brought up in an environment where women are not liberated then thats the attitude the child will develop towards women, its something which grows in the person.
However it is genetical too that men behave in a certain way and women behave in a certain way in life, however much a man says he has liberal views at some point his male dominance will step up.
I dont know why I get so offended when men make certain comments about us, in sort of disturbs me in a ugly way, to an extent that I fight with the person not involved in the matter, just to let go of my anger towards the entire tribe, if i may call them that.
What has to be accepted is that men are good at some work and women have an upper hand in some work, lifes best when one doesnt cross each others path at any times. The point is that how many of us have understood this theory and have lived life to the maximum.
Last nite was quite a long one, the argument being who will listen to whom in a marriage, what i dont understand is that why does someone even have to listen to the partner in a marriage, why cant their opinions and views go hand in hand, along with each other, complement each other, in such a way that they grow together and not pull each other down with tiffs and arguments which only makes one hate the other.
I am still comtemplating how to handle this ego situation of mine, I have spent hours plain thinking about this problem of mine, if i may call it. I just cannot accept the fact that in this day and age men still behave in this way, what if my daughters too fall prey to such incidents in life ? or am i just thinking too much ? My hair's greying faster cause of this worry of mine i guess. Right now i need to just relax and take a day as it comes, thats the real me, however over the past months things have been so topsy that this opinion of me has changed along with my behaviour. Waiting for a change.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging. I feel like even though I am far away from you at least I can see your thoughts. Hope to see you soon someday. I love you babe.

    - Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh men are definitely better at most things :)

    ReplyDelete